Tuesday, January 25, 2022

A Turn to a Simpler Approach

 As I noted in an earlier post called A Close Look at Autumn,  some lower back issues have pushed me to take a lighter approach.  I fear that the days of wandering with a heavy pack of multiple lenses and other gear are over.  

For casual explorations, I'm testing the idea of a small sling bag that can carry this small camera with the little 50mm f/1.8 lens I first used as a beginning photographer 30 years ago.  It weighs under 2 pounds.  There's room for a  small water bottle, shoulder strap, lens cleaner and spare battery.  Add a few snacks and it feels liberating. 

Yesterday, I slipped this on my shoulder and walked the snow covered fields near home.  The objective was to see how simple approach could produce creative results that were satisfying.  Here is a short sampling from the morning's trek.

A Lone Whitetail Deer Left a Trail in the Snow

Neighborhood Children's Climbing Tree

Spidery Remnants of Summer Flowers

Fallen Giant-  "A Woodland Turn-Up"

I see two birds; do you, too? 





Seeing Red

Three Giants on the Hillside

Overall, I'm happy with the simplicity of this approach.  I like to explore looking for new photo subjects and this seems to offer some pluses.

Paul  Schmitt

1 comment: