Monday, November 15, 2021

A Close Look at Autumn

I've been in a form of house arrest with what appears to be pinched nerves in my back since August 28, 2021 and haven't touched a camera until now.  Still staying close to home, as in 20 feet from my front door, I played today with some leaves that this morning's wind and rain deposited on my asphalt drive.  Here are three images that I've edited to capture how I saw them.

Two large oak leaves blew in to grace some burning bush leaves from next to  the asphalt.  The few needles came with the oak leaves.  I like the simplicity of the result.  It seems to me that fall images often get to busy in an effort to show it all.  Never quite works.

In some places, the accumulation was certainly richer.




Again, the oak leaves define the composition.  The burning bush leaves deeper in the bush have a very light green that plays well with the redder ones.  It makes for an interesting color set.  

It is enjoyable to explore the asphalt for a nice composition.  This final image was more  pleasing than anything that I could arrange.

Three months ago, I would have dismissed the idea of being excited to photograph leaves on my driveway.  I can hope this is a return to something better.  But, maybe it pushed me to get creative with what is available.

Kind regards,

Paul Schmitt




2 comments:

  1. The images have a whimsical quality. I can almost see the wind blowing them artfully into position. Lovely color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The textured black background, with the contrasting leaf colors and shapes - it works simply and beautifully.

    ReplyDelete