Thursday, August 17, 2023

Golden Joy

It's pretty safe to say that a laughing baby brightens up any moment. It's golden. There's another discovery that is pretty sure fire.  Sunflowers!  A short detour from my outing to fill the car's gas tank this morning took my mind off the long "to do" list that I faced.

Today was a very busy day as we prepared to depart for some granddaughter time.  I had only minutes to explore the field.  I think the field will have a long run as a succession of golden flowers reach peak, and then fade into reddish seed heads. 


I think the flowers take on facial characteristics, as some look joyfully upward and others nod downward as maybe being thoughtful.

Maybe the sunflowers energized me.  As I write this, my entire list for the day is completed.

I hope you can find some sunflowers just as I did.

Paul Schmitt



No comments:

Post a Comment